When it comes to husbands, there’s not much that Zsa Zsa Gabor, who had nine, didn’t know.
Famous for being famous, the Hungarian born celebrity died last December at 99.
You would be hard pressed to find someone today more knowledgeable about the selection and maintenance of husbands. (Although Jennifer Lopez appears to be in the running.)
In lieu of social media, Zsa Zsa shared her views with reporters, gossip columnists and talk-show hosts. Here are seven of her best quotes on the topic.
- “How many husbands have I had? You mean apart from my own?”
- “You never really know a man until you have divorced him.”
- “Getting divorced just because you don’t love a man is almost as silly as getting married just because you do.”
- “I always said marriage should be a 50-50 proposition. He should be at least 50 years old and have at least $50 million.”
- “I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house.”
- “It’s never as easy to keep your own spouse happy as it is to make someone else’s happy.”
- “If you like a man and he likes you, you should get married as fast as you can. Otherwise, you are both going to change your minds. There’s plenty of time for that after marriage.
She also admitted that her advice was not always logical or consistent. “If you want that kind of thinking, go to a computer,” she says. “Computers are always logical and consistent, and you see how often they get proposed to.
If you enjoyed this post, please share. And use button below to comment.